1. As of today all of our trails are open as of today. The only exception is POTTERS FIELD! That section of the powerline trail will remain closed until further notice due to the saturation on the trail.
Due to the states quarantine order, we have had to modify the following:
1. There will be no safety classes held this year.
2. All of our charity rides are cancelled until further notice. We are hoping to still have our toy ride in November!
3. We do not know when out of state riders will be allowed to ride without having to quarantine themselves first.
4. The Hatfield Pond parking/beach area is still closed by the town. Please park in the Trail Head lot to ride.
5. We will be having a trail maintenance ride at Hatfields coming up in June sometime. Keep watching the FB page!
Edit: if subsequent posts mention anything about the quarantine or complain about it they will be deleted. Again, for about the 50th time, we are not telling you whether you can or cannot ride the trails in Maine on any clubs trails, nor are we agents of enforcement for the quarantine order. We do not know how you would go about quarantining to be able to ride the trails. We as clubs are merely passing along information
2020 ATV Safety Training Courses Postponed until further Notice
All training courses will be held at the South Berwick Recreation Center on Norwell Street.
The course will run from 8 a.m. until approximately 3 p.m. The cost is $5 per person and lunch will be served.
Youths between the ages of 10 and 16 are required by law to complete one of these courses in order to drive on the trails. The course is also fantastic for drivers of any age!
Classes fill quickly so please call right away to get in!
For more information, please contact Ed Coleman at 207-490-2736
Trail Work Hours also count as community service hours for high school students. Contact a club official for more information.
After a little bit of trail work we are opening up our Hatfield trail system. Our powerline trails will still remain closed until May 15. With this opening there are a few caveats.
- you must be a member of a club (not necessarily ours) to be able to ride our trails. That is a landowner requirement.
- please use the parking lot at the head of the trail on Ridlon Road. Right now the town has the Hatfield pond parking area closed. Please do not park there or use the trails that are there.
- Unfortunately due to the governors executive order, out of state riders may not use the trails until they have completed a 14 day quarantine. Game wardens and local police department will be checking for this, so please don’t take the chance. That is all we are going to say about it, please do not start arguing about it or bring it up on subsequent post to this. Any post complaining about this will just be deleted. It is unfortunate but that is where we are.
- Please respect our trail system! Our land owner is on our trails regularly, and if there is too much destruction, trash, or abuse we will lose the opportunity to have them. I think this issue has been hashed out significantly between us and Sanford ATV club. Just respect the trails and have some fun.
- as of right now all of our charity rides and meetings are being suspended until further notice.
Above all else have fun and enjoy the trails! We look forward to seeing you out there!
Club memberships due for
for 2019-2020 season
Memberships dated 2018-2019 expire on June 30th... Don't forget to renew for the new season, which starts on July 1, 2019 and runs through June 30th, 2020. To download our standard membership form, click on the SMATV logo below to open the form. The business membership form can be opened by clicking on the button below.
You can print out and mail the completed form, or stop by a meeting on the second Wednesday of the month to drop it off. You can also renew your membership at any of our events.